Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What keeps people from traveling?: FINAL REFLECTION

In this project I have learned a lot about peoples fears of airplanes after the tragedy of September 11,2001. Their concerns on travel safety are very strong. Even if most people are afraid of flying alot still travel as much as they use to travel before September 11,2001. But in other points of views people don't really care about what happens, they say "if it happens, it happens".

This research has been a very successful project. I have found many articles on Google and on Infotrac. It was a little tough to find articles at Google.com, but when I started using Infotrac it gave me even more choices and it was easier to find what I wanted. With all the information that I found I may use it for future reference, to stay alert.

I think this was an okay project. It gave me a chance in finding out alot of information on what keeps people from traveling nowadays. Many people not only fear the fact that another 9/11 may happen but they also have phobias. Phobias such as acrophobia which is the fear of heights and claustrophobia the fear of enclosed spaces. I find it that this project shows us how to search for information that you are interested or concerned on.

I believe all this information can be useful for people that want to know about others feelings about flying or traveling. And not only about flying, many people fear for traveling on the road. They have safety concerns about it, they even had a conference called the safety conference discussing how to stay safe at the thruway while traveling on the road.

I believe this project relates just a little to me for the fact that I can be acrophobic most of the time. This may happen while on the plane, roof , roller coaster. So here I end my search for What keeps people from traveling?.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank now this is a great post.I enjoyed reading it very much so. I like howyou trough extra info on certain things i did not know about.Kudos on the final response!
-Aaron Osborne
-BARP

pat t said...

Frank i like how you said that people travel now just as much as they did before 9/11 because i think that is a question on a lot