Thursday, December 20, 2007

A long way gone (3)

Today I will post about the theme. I believe that the author Ishmael Beah is trying to show how this kid has suffered through this terrible war. To show how he felt, how he did what he did, even what was going on in his mind. The author explains how the characters tremble when they are scared or terrified. For example, one of the rebels tried to scare an old man by pointing a gun at his head, his legs were TREMBLING of fear until he shoots but barely misses. The old man was screaming "oh my brains my brains". As you can see the author tries to show very dramatic details of what is going on. I believe this makes the story more interesting and enjoyable. This is what I have for now, until next time....

1 comment:

sheffiza said...

I think you are right but i think that Ishmael is telling you to have hope.I think so because Ishmael says that he sometimes feel like dying but he keeps going.In everything he do he trys his best to stay alive.