Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stuck In Neutral (4) Theme/Character

The theme that Terry Trueman emphasizes in Stuck In Neutral is on mental retarded people. I think that Terry Trueman is trying to get across that retarded people are people too and they shouldn't be treated much different. Of course they have a little more attention than others but that don't mean we should be mean and leave them out. So what I am basically saying is that I think Terry Trueman is trying to get the point across that you should treat retarded people the same as you would others like they are normal. Only 1 character tells the story and that character is Shawn. He is the only narrator in this novel so far. I feel that Shawn is a strong human because even though of his situation he is still fighting and trying to live on. I also feel that Shawn is in the story to not just narrating it and I can picture the story like its in real life.


---Billy.M---

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Billy, interesting thoughts about the theme. I think it would be helpful to explain how Trueman is showing that theme. What events or characters help emphasize that theme?