Friday, April 18, 2008

Alcohol/Drugs: Risks

I started my researh by finding out the risks of alcohol and drugs. By finding out the risks of alcohol and drugs it would allow me to answer the big question alot easier. I started searching for the risks for going to yahoo and I searched the risks of alcohol and drugs. Alcohol and drugs haves risks to everyone not just teenagers. Most of the alcohol problems for teenagers occur due to intoxication. Some of the risks teens face when they drink are binge drinking, unsafe sex and drunk driving. When people drink there is also a risk of violence because when people get intoxicated they may get violent. I also found that teenagers who drink and do drugs has a higher risk of involvement in crime, high-risk sexual behavior, accidents, and injuries. Also teens that use alcohol and drugs are more likely to have poor school performance and have higher dropout rates. There are so many risks to taking drugs and drinking alcohol. Theres no way we can prevent them from happening. But there are ways that we can help prevent them from happening. So I still have a lot of research to do to answer the big question.

"Risks and Realities." Health Education. Brown University. 21 Apr 2008 .'

Blot, William. "Alcohol." Risk Factors. 21 Apr 2008 .

No comments: