Monday, April 28, 2008

"FEAR OF FLYING"

I began my search at Google.com and typed down "about traveling" in the search engine. I kept scrolling down until I came across with a Wikipedia link about "Fear Of Flying". There I found that people may be scared of flying because of phobias. Phobias such as acrophobia and claustrophobia. Acrophobia is the fear of heights and claustrophobia is the fear of enclosed spaces,more like a small room. These types of fears can prevent people from visiting their friends and family. I looked at the causes of these problems and one of them was the fear of hijacking or terrorism. This is one of the things that I was looking for my question. What keeps people from traveling?. Fear, phobias, and fear of terrorism. There can be some symptoms to these phobias. Symptoms such as distress to a person when he or she is compelled to travel by air.(Fear Of Flying). It can include symptoms such as panic attacks or vomiting.


unknown, unknown. "Fear Of Flying." This page was last modified on 11 April 2008, at 21:24.. Wikipedia. 30 Apr 2008 .

2 comments:

Billy.M said...

I think this is a very good post because it tells where you got your research from. It is also a very good post because you used quotes and paraphrased. But I think by this researched you asnwered your question. Because the fear of people when they fly you stated are phbias such as acrophobia and claustrophobia. You also stated that people fear to fly because of hijacking or terrorism. So to me this was a successful post because you found out a lot of information on why people are scared to fly.

Justine said...

I like this post because I actually can relate to it in a way, not that i have any phobias about flying, but after 9/11 happened thats deffinatly a reason why i wouldnt go on a plain. I just think its better for me to stay on the ground safe and sound.