Monday, April 28, 2008

research

So far in my search for the best method of discipline for children I have gone to Google and typed in discipline and found two websites,
www.allaboutparenting.org/child-discipline,alsokidshealth.org.
The website all about parenting takes more of a religious point of view saying that in the bible it says discipline your kids your own way.That because they are your kids they are your responsibility,and so only you can discipline them your way.They other website kids health.org takes a view leaning on timeouts saying how you have give and take,when they are behaving give them rewards instead of punishing them and always taking from them.They do not agree with "whoppings"saying it gives the child trauma and also does not develop a bond with the child.Also stating that it does not help the child they only become more stealthy and end up doing things behind the parents back.I personally disagree because I have friends that do things behind there parents back that where not "whooped".Also they said that it makes the child much more aggressive and more likely to fight when in an argument instead of "talking it out".
So far this how far I have gotten on my research still looking for different points of views and also alternative discipline methods.I still personally agree with "whoppings" even though certain researchers disagree with it.

No comments: