Monday, April 28, 2008

research part 2

For the second part of my research i went to Mr. Malleys page and clicked on the Tompson Gale data base link. From there I typed economic codotions and very few positive articles came up. The one artical I did click on was called "How it Went Wrong and How to Make it Right". This article was about how the economy went down and why. The author talks nothing about lack of education having anything to do with the economy being in a slum. Im starting to think that lack of education is not as big of an impact as I thought. So now that my whole reseaech project is shot I went back to the Gale database and typed in economy and read through some of the articles and found that not one thing influences the economy more so then the next.

So I was thinking that I would switch my question to what causes the economy to flex and what can be done to improve it. So one of the articles i stumbled on at the Gale databasewas name "You Have Seven Years to Learn Mandrin" and it was basically stating that one thing that hurt the economy is international buisness. This article was manly about China and how they are growin fast. It said orginally that experts though that China would be one of the strongest economies by 2050 Now they say that i could happen as soon as 2015.[Geoff Colvin Fortune]

Source Citation:
Forbes, Steve. "How It Went Wrong--And How to Make It Right." Forbes 181.9 (May 5, 2008): 19. Business and Company ASAP. Gale. McKinley High School. 28 Apr. 2008

Source Citation:Colvin, Geoff. "You Have Seven Years to Learn Mandarin.(FIRST: NEWS, ANALYSIS & INFORMED OPINION; VALUE DRIVEN)(Column)." Fortune 157.10 (May 12, 2008): 26. Business and Company ASAP. Gale. McKinley High School. 30 Apr. 2008
.

2 comments:

Billy.M said...

I never used the gale data base yet. I did all my research on either Yahoo or Google. I think you are improving your research and finding out more infomation by using the gale data base too not just Yahoo and Google. I think that international trade could flex the economy too.

Anonymous said...

I can see that you are very interested about the economy.I like your topic and I think it is very interesting how china's economy will become so strong. I see you want to find out how to make the stronger but I also see you want to find out what is hurting it. Keep it up!